1. The home team must provide the referee with 36 footballs for each National Football League game.
2. Golf is the only sport to be played on the moon.
3. Basketball legend Wilt Chamberlain never fouled out of a game.
4. The Olympic rings cover every flag in the world. Yellow, green, red, black, and blue were selected because at least one of those five colors appears in every flag in the world.
5. The longest tennis match took place in 2010 at Wimbledon. John Isner of the United States beat Nicolas Mahut of France in a match that lasted 11 hours and five minutes. It took 3 days to complete!
6. Because they both lost so many players to WWII military service, the Pittsburgh Steelers and Philadelphia Eagles combined to become the Steagles during the 1943 season.
7. The average life span of an MLB baseball is five to seven pitches.
8. The silhouette on the NBA Logo is Hall of Fame Laker Jerry West.
9. In 1986 Danny Heep became the first player in a World Series to be a designated hitter (DH) with the initials “D.H.”
10. Major League Baseball umpires are required to wear black underwear while on the job in case they split their pants.
Source: CBS Boston